When applying for an IT job, the employer often requests that applicants have a solid grasp of the top programming languages. Therefore, how willing you are to learn and have background knowledge of programming languages will influence which language you choose to learn.
What Exactly is Programming Language
Programming language is known as a set of rules that converts strings or graphical program elements to different kinds of machine code output. Most programming languages consist of instructions that are performed on computers. The programming language essentially tells the computer what to do. It is written to perform a specific task. Programming languages are mainly used to develop desktop applications, websites, and mobile applications.
Why Should You Learn a Programming Language
Learning a programming language will add to your list of skills and better your job. When learning a programming language, you will choose which language is the most appropriate for a particular task. You’ll also discover other programming languages much easier if you have some background.
Different Levels of Programming Languages
There are three different levels of programming languages available. Each one of these levels is essential in its field.
The levels are:
- Low-Level programming language.
This is a machine-dependent programming language. The processor would run low-level programs directly without a compiler or interpreter. Programs that are written in low-level language can be run very fast. Low-level language is divided into machine language and assembly language.
- High-Level programming language
A high-level programming language is used for developing user-friendly software programs and websites. A compiler or interpreter is required to translate the program into machine language. A high-level language is easy to read, write and maintain.
- Middle-Level Programming language
This language lies between the high-level programming language and the low-level programming language. It is known as the intermediate programming language and pseudo-language. The middle-level programming language supports the features of a high-level programming language. It is a user-friendly language. It is closely related to machine language and human language.
Best Programming Languages to Learn
Programming language makes life much more straightforward. From medical to education, all sectors are completely dependent on programming languages. Moreover, there are many programming languages available.
The most commonly used programming languages are:
Python is considered by most to be one of the most user-friendly programming languages.
- Python is easy to read
- It integrates with other programming languages
- It executes code line by line, making fault finding and error easier for the programmer.
- It is platform-independent. This means that you can write the code once and run it anywhere.
Java is a high-level programming language. It is mainly used to develop different applications. It is simple and secure. Java is platform-independent as well.
- Java is easy to learn and write and debug compared to other programming languages.
- It allows you to run the same program over different platforms.
- Java is a highly secured programming language.
- Java is capable of performing more than one task at the same time.
C is a general-purpose computer programming language. It is a combination of both a high-level and low-level programming language. It is used to design text editors, compilers, and network devices.
- C language is very easy to learn
- It is a powerful and flexible programming language.
- It is fast and efficient.
- It is used to perform complex operations and calculations.
- To allocate memory at the run time, it provides dynamic memory.
C++ is used to develop software. Although it is similar to the C programming language, it provides additional features. These features include exception handling, object-oriented programming, and type checking.
- It is simple, structured, and portable.
- It supports OOPs features.
- It is helpful for a low-level programming language, and it is more efficient for general use.
- C++ is more will be most compatible with the C language.
This scripting language is used both on the client-side and the server-side. It allows programmers to add complex features to make web pages alive.
- Java can be used to decrease the loading time from the server.
- It is a lightweight and versatile programming language.
- It is easy to understand.
Programming Language – Everything You Need
There are many different types of programming languages available. Choosing the correct one will depend on what you would like to do.